Sunday, June 21, 2009

Unity



I decided to upload this picture in view of certain current events that have been happening in my country at the moment.

One of the things I simply cannot understand is the reasoning behind someone not liking someone else, just because of the colour of their skin. It never made any sense to me as a kid. It never makes sense to me now. It doesn't make sense to me that this kind of nonsense is still going on in the world, especially seeing as the world is becoming more unified through the advantages of modern technology.

Instead of negatively judging racial and cultural differences, why can't we all embrace them and try to understand each other? Why do people choose to remain in a state of ignorance? We will be seeing more and more of the younger generation interacting with other people from around the world, working together for the greater good, so these people who choose to remain in that state had better "get with the program".

I pray and hope that my generation and future generations after me can continue to learn from the mistakes of the past and look to the future, with a firm desire to understand and help each other....

No comments:

Post a Comment